The Fall Crawl sponsored by the Ellison Bay Arts in Ellison Bay, Door County, WI is jam-packed with so much art that you’ll need both days to fully enjoy each gallery. Two members: Mary Ellen Sisulak and Larry ‘Thor’ Thoreson took some time to chat on TV Monday morning about the Crawl.
We’ll be unloading a kiln and demonstrating goblet throwing and decorating this weekend. Lots of new goblets will be revealed, along with our new chip and dip bowls.
There are many other great items in the firing and gallery as well, including our 2010 teapot series, the butter thrones and new square dishes.
The member galleries are
• Clay Bay Pottery (11650 Hwy 42) will showcase their own beautiful hand thrown pottery and tiles along with jewelry, photographs and woodcuts. Soup, cider and Dave’s famous cookies will be part of the festivities.
• Linden Gallery (12001 Mink River Road) will display an extraordinary collection of antiques, original art, artifacts, textiles and jewelry from Asia.
• Cousin’s Walk (11940 Lakeview Road) will feature needle-felted scarves and headbands as well as clothing. Painted items and demo paintings along with nibbles and a fantastic door prize await.
• Turtle Ridge Studio Gallery (11736 Mink River Road) will offer their beautiful leather bags. A new focus will be leather cuffs, bracelets and bead accents on the bags. New iPad bags will be displayed and Lesley Bruce Smith will be demonstrating glass bead making.
• Savory Spoon Cooking School and Marketplace (Hwy. 42 downtown Ellison Bay) will feature their Schoolhouse Creamery, which has the largest variety of Wisconsin Artisan Cheese. Over 50 varieties of Artisan Cheese will be part of an extravaganza of cheese tasting. Wisconsin cheese maps will be given out.
• The Clearing Folk School (12171 Garrett Bay Road) celebrating their 75th year will be offering walking tours of the property at 1 pm both days. Various folk artists will be demonstrating in the Jens Jensen center. A large selection of unique gifts will be featured in their gift shop.
• Gills Rock Stoneware (12020 Lakeview Road and Hwy. 42) will display their colorful, functional and decorative pottery along with linens and woodenware. Stoneware bread and brie bakers will be featured. Bread and turkey from Thor’s wood-fired brick oven will be served.
• Newport House Gallery (12044 Hwy 42) will be featuring the original works of Yvonee and Julia of Milton, Wisconsin. The mother and daughter artistic team, design and create seasonal soft folk art sculptures. Holiday ornaments by Wisconsin artists plus a variety of folk art will be on display.