Ellison Bay Door County WI
Gills Rock Stoneware potters Thor and Judy are all right, but their dog, Jackson, died of smoke inhalation.
They’ve got a place to stay, right across the street (Newport House girls, Jan and Carol) and alot of work ahead of them.
Seems, right now, UPDATE
that there may have been a gas leak-the fire broke out near the stove it is presumed an electrical fire related to the refrigerator. So the damage to the house: smoke damage and the gaping hole created by the fire fighters on both the first and second floor. More information here: an article in the Peninsula Pulse
There is already a movement amongst Ellison Bay residents and their friends to cover that hole. UPDATE : Great Northern Design stepped up to begin the process.
They are safe, but their home and business is now in peril.
And, sadly, this is a historic building in Ellison Bay, one that the Thoresons respected and loved and nurtured.
We will all stand by them as they negotiate this unexpected event.
A facebook page was established for Judy and Thor’s friends to stay in touch, keep up with info and share support: